World’s Only Collection of Kid-Tested Fairy Tales & Folktales
~Award-winning Short Stories & Reader’s Theater Play Scripts for Kids~
WHAT’S NEW? FREE MONTHLY THEMED SHORT STORIES & READER’S THEATER SCRIPTS WITH FEATURED LESSON PLANS!
Explore our entire collection of award-winning short stories for kids. Or search our collection of stories below by Theme, Read Time, Age, Genre, Topic, Holiday or any combination of these! Our stories consist of Folktales (or folk tales) are stories that have been shared from generation to generation by word of mouth. These folklore stories consist of Fairy Tales (or fairytales), Animal tales and Legends, which you will find here! Search for your favorites below!
What makes Stories to Grow by unique? All our Short Stories have been KID-TESTED & KID-APPROVED! We guarantee kids will LOVE our stories!
Did you know? Our Folklore Stories have been featured in textbooks used all over the world and such State Assessments as Florida, Utah, North Carolina as well as Nationwide tests such as the Common Core Assessment. Interested in using our Stories? Publishers Click Here
PRAISED & RECOMMENDED BY: Scholastic, USA Today & Education World
Our stories are Kid-tested, Multicultural and feature positive messages to leave a lasting impression on the children in your lives! They make wonderful Bedtime stories or Moral Stories for the classroom and at home! Happy Storytelling!
WHOOTIE OWL’S BLOG:
- New Lesson Plan: Plot and Characters in Baba Yaga October 9, 2017
- October Newsletter: Fairy Tales for Fall, Recipes, Lesson Plans October 3, 2017
- Fairy Tales for Fall: Spooky Stories & Lesson Plans! September 28, 2017
- NEW Reader’s Theater : Fisherlad & Mermaid’s Ring September 22, 2017
- Bedtime Stories | Sharing a Fairytale July 21, 2017
- Fairytales to Spark Debate~Ethics in the Classroom July 18, 2017
- Character Education: Strengthening Core Values July 3, 2017
- Whootie Owl’s Moral Stories: Kid-tested? June 26, 2017
- *Stories to Grow by Honored by Homeschool.com: Summer Resources June 5, 2017
- Winter Unit Lesson Plan Part 1: The Theme of Cooperation & Friendship in The Long Winter June 1, 2017
Joining our Community helps support our mission in continuing to provide children with meaningful Storytelling experiences that have a positive impact on their lives. Joining our Community allows you to make a tax-deductible contribution via your membership to our organization so we can continue to provide the Stories & Reader’s Theater Scripts that you have come to use and love.
Whootie Owl & Stories to Grow by thanks you for your support. Stories to Grow by is a non-profit organization of story-lovers, like you.