- You have the right to perform the free reader’s theater scripts on our site.
- You have the right to make enough copies of the play script in order to stage your performance, provided you’re “personally and directly involved in the production.”
- The term “personally and directly involved” means you have a direct role in the performance. You may be the director; a producer; an actor or understudy in the performance; a member of the stage crew, including the props, lighting, costumes, sets; a musician or are involved in musical accompaniment; the parent or legal guardian of an actor or understudy, a member of the stage crew, or a musician in the play; or you may own a small drama group. If you have any of these roles with respect to the production of the play script, then you are “personally and directly involved” in the performance.
If you do not have at least one of the above-described roles in your intended performance of the play script, you must contact STGB below to inquire what permission fee will apply for you to perform the play script you have in mind.
- You may not give or reproduce the play script to any third party outside of the production in which you are personally and directly involved.
- You may not sell or resell the play script to any third party whatsoever, without the prior consent of STGB.
- You may not represent the words contained in the play script as your own. All the work in the play scripts offered by STGB is copyrighted by STGB. Breach of copyright is actionable in a court of law.
- You may charge a ticket admission for your performance. Your organization may belong to a nonprofit organization, an educational institution or your organization may be home-based. If you are a for-profit organization, you must pay a permission fee to use our plays.
- This is the 21st century, and we know that photos, pictures, and video are an integral part of the theatre experience. You may share or upload your videos as you like, however videos of our productions are not permitted to be sold to the public.
- You may perform the play script in the future – and as often as you like – provided that each time you are personally and directly involved in the future production, and that you abide by the same terms and conditions described in this Limited Performance Rights document.
- In performing a play, you agree to credit the source of the story, and to include the following information:
- The name of the company that provided the play script: “Stories to Grow By, Inc.”
- A description of STGB: “a nonprofit organization dedicated to developing global citizens through stories and plays.”
- The URL of the Stories site – www.storiestogrowby.org
- You may quote from a play script for academic or journalistic purposes, provided that you cite the source (script name, publisher, and author) in your work.
We are happy to answer your questions. If you are unsure of the process, or simply want to speak with someone from STGB, you may contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.